The St. Aloysius Church Rectory (1933) is located next to the church. In 1870, Thomas A. Dillow transferred his 1858 carriage-wheel-coffin shop and three acres to the Associated Professors of Loyola College in exchange for nearby White Hall. The frame building was remodeled and converted into an attractive residence for the Jesuit fathers serving several local parishes. This rectory served their needs until it fell into disrepair in 1933, and a new red brick rectory was built and stuccoed to match the church of 1846. It features a center hall, library, meeting room, office and sleeping quarters on the second floor.
Back to the Walking Tour