Located on the west side of Washington Street, this building's complex form is the result of a series of additions. These additions express the Folk-Victorian style popular at the turn of the 20th century. Its two and one-half story frame rests on a low brick foundation. Constructed circa 1910 for use as a funeral home and residence, the front door is surmounted by a three-paned transom, while tall windows with pedimented trim grace the front. Its overall design relates the house visually to its larger Colonial Revival, Second Empire and Victorian-era neighbors along Washington Street.
Back to the Walking Tour