Leonardtown Bank of the Eastern Shore
(Office Building)

Leonardtown Bank of the Eastern Shore

The Leonardtown Bank of the Eastern Shore, constructed in 1913, is an excellent example of Classical Revival architecture.  Located on the west side of Washington Street near the Courthouse and Bell Motor Company, this one-story, brick office building with classical details conforms to the surrounding architectural street-scape.  While exhibiting a high degree of architectural integrity, the building also illustrates the growing importance and need for commercial backs in Leonardtown during the early 20th century.

Back to the Walking Tour