Duke's Fountain-Bar-Restaurant is a two-story brick commercial building on the corner of Fenwick and Washington Streets. Constructed in the 1920's by Roland B. Duke, the building retains much of its original exterior including its storefront fenestration. A 1928 Sanborn Fire Insurance map notes that an auto sales showroom and grocery store were located on the first floor. The second floor was used as a hall for graduation ceremonies, parties, and other receptions as well as a bowling alley (unused but still in place). Today, the building hosts a restaurant and a variety of small retail businesses.
Back to the Walking Tour