This structure was originally a movie theater known as "The New Theater". it was constructed, circa 1945, of cinder blocks supported by brick buttresses that permitted the walls to reach a more elevated height. Movies were shown here until the late 1970's. While the front of the theater has been drastically changed, the actual theater space has been preserved and is undergoing renovation for use as a banquet room.
Back to the Walking Tour